California courts are historically tenant friendly and landlords and property managers must be mindful of that in their drafting of their leases. Not only is the drafting of the lease essential, but the upkeep and renewal of that lease is just as important. The American Apartment Owners Association recently teamed up with the real estate attorneys of Brewer Offord & Pedersen LLP to present a webinar about best practices in putting leases together. In this replay of the webinar, the attorneys Ashlee Gonzales and Adam Pedersen will guide landlords, apartment owners, and property managers through the drafting and upkeep process, and things to specifically consider including:
- Choosing between a form lease or a do-it-yourself lease
- Ensuring the basic requirements of a lease in California are included
- Including disclosures, notices, and required information
- Using addenda and amendments
- Making modifications or changes to the original lease
- Avoiding common pitfalls in drafting leases
And more! You can watch the replay of the webinar below, as well as view or download the slides.
Watch the Replay
To keep up with real estate law in California, including articles, guides, and downloads published by Brewer Offord & Pedersen LLP, visit our California real estate law blog.